For Researchers and Students
Newcastle Innovation helps researchers within the University to identify and protect their IP and secure investment partners to commercialise innovative technologies.
Benefits from engaging with our business development team include:
- Identification, capture and protection of novel inventions
- Relationships with potential investors and research partners
- Appropriate legal and financial frameworks to take the technologies into the market place
- Opportunities and capabilities marketed to industry and potential investors
The team at Newcastle Innovation provides a comprehensive range of financial, administrative and business services to help researchers manage the consulting jobs and contracted research they undertake including:
- Contract and confidentiality agreements
- Budget preparation
- Marketing assistance
- Monthly receipts and payments
- Invoicing and debt collection
- Purchasing administration
- Research account management and other advice as required
- Payroll management (e.g employment contracts, payroll processing, superannuation)
- Insurance coverage (Professional Indemnity, Workers Compensation, Quality Assurances)
Newcastle Innovation plays an important role in the University community and therefore we support the University's code of conduct and guides for promoting a respectful and collaborative workplace.
We also engage with the University to deliver a Healthy University strategy and encourage our staff to collaborate with the University under this initiative.